Friday, October 19, 2012

Macaron Cafe - NY

You know I cannot go to NY and not get some macarons, right?  This time I didn't get to make my way to uptown to get my Laduree.  For the interests in time, I found Macaron Cafe.   
I've actually have heard of them long before this visit.   David had gotten me a book of theirs a while back, and while they are definitely a loyal follower of the French method, I haven't had a chance to try out their recipes yet.
Lovely and colorful macs!!!!  One of every color, please!
Of course, I just got their box of 6.  I had: Earl Gray, Cassis, Creme Brulee, Orange Blossom, Rose, and Chocolate Passion.

The Macaron Cafe is really more of a true cafe.  They serve breakfast, salad, sandwich, coffee, and yes macaron.  If you are ordering for the office in New York, they do lunchboxes too.

Back to the macarons.  They are nice and soft even a week later.  I enjoyed them when I got home, and they were the true French method, the feet of the shell protrude outward, and you can tell it was done well by hand.  The flavors were good on Rose, Cassis, and Orange Blossom, the other flavors were so faint that I can't tell you what flavor was what.  I do admire their workmanship for making the shell nice and warm and durable for so long.  So brava for that!

Macaron Cafe (multi locations)
Herald Square location
161 West 36th Street
New York, NY 10018
(212) 564-3525
http://macaroncafe.com/

No comments: