Thursday, October 4, 2012

Max & Julie

I haven't been to Max & Julie for quite some time.  As a matter of fact, it was shortly after they opened that I tried their skate.  So, going back during brunch, I really don't have any expectations. 
Normally, I've seen people walked up and get a table, but watch out for nice weather, if it is a nice weather day, people will be coming out of the wood work and brunch on their patio, both upstairs and downstairs.  Those days, I suggest you make a reservation.
For my main course, I ordered omelet with duck and mushroom.  You can't find that on the menu, because they normally have it with waffles, but I asked them to put it in my omelet just lighter and not as heavy and rich.  If we have it with the waffle, it would've been like chicken and waffles; totally turn it from French food to Soul food. 
For dessert, instead of my normal crepe, I ordered the profiteroles.  They used vanilla ice cream in the middle and drizzled chocolate sauce on top.  I find that if you have ice cream, you don't really need to have whip cream too.  The chocolate sauce wasn't the Belgian kind Jeannine's but it's not bad either.

For parking, they do have valet available out front.  If you don't have change on you or want to park it yourself, during after hours, the bank next door does have alot of parking and I can tell you that people are not shy about parking there.  Of course, if it is super packed, there's side street parking behind the building as well.

Max & Julie Brasserie
4315 Montrose Blvd
Houston, TX 77006
http://www.caferabelais.com/Brasserie/Home.html

No comments: