Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Jeannine's Bistro

I talked my friends into going to Jeannine's Bistro with me, just because I haven't been there for a while.  I always enjoyed the environment and the food.  If you're any good at French, you can order in French with one of their long time servers and if you don't, don't worry, they take your order in English too.  
For starter, we ordered the Croquette de fromage, it's the Belgin's way of having fried cheese.  
We ordered 3 types of mussels: we had the traditional of Marinieres which was soaked in white wine, butter, onion, and celery.
This is the Mussels Congolaise: which was soaked in spicy tomato sauce and coconut sauce.  Again, tons of onions.
This is my favorite, the curry half shell mussels.  It's not too spicy, just a nice taste to it.
Oh, of course, Pomme Frites.  They come with mayo.  They are super addictive.  You can also dip the fries with the curry sauce too, very good for that.
For dessert, we ordered the Profiterole with Belgian chocolate sauce, they also have ice cream accompanying the dessert too.  I really don't need the whip cream too, but it's definitely yummy.  I would like to lick that plate!
My friend ordered the Crepe Mikado, which I find it funny, because that's very Japanese and not at all French or Belgian.  But it really is just crepe with chocolate sauce.

Overall, it's delicious, I never have any complains when I go there.  I think the mussels in the pots were much popular with my friends, and I much prefer the ones on half shells and sauce.  Must try that again some time soon!

Jeannie's Bistro
106 Westheimer, 
Houston, Texas 77006
713-874-0220
http://www.jeanninesbistro.com/

No comments: