Wednesday, August 29, 2012

HRW - Au Petit Paris

One final HRW for me was Au Petit Paris.  I've been meaning to check them out for a while now.  I haven't mostly because I was intimidated by the parking situation in the neighborhood.  Lucky for me, I know someone who live down the street and can be comfortable enough to ask to park there, but otherwise, the street parking is quite tight.  
That is why HRW made it so easy to try new place.  We got there early and park down the street and walked down a bit.  I will say that if you come here, double check with reservation.  Some places ask you to have reservation but in reality they have tons of tables, this is not one of them.  They are tiny inside this house, so if they say they don't have a table, I tend to believe them.
First course came in a nice little presentation pot.  So adorable!
Of course, if you're in a French restaurant, you must get the French Onion soup.  It is cute to have it in this presentation.  The only thing I would complaint about is not enough cheese... I love cheese with onion combo.  The other thing I would say is that the soup is thinner than I'm used to for onion soup.  A tad thicker in texture would be awesome.
For main course, I got their salmon.   It's mixed well with the mushroom and I love their white sauce.  The risotto was ok, but the sauce made up for it.  
For dessert I had thought about getting the floating island, but since I don't really know what it is, I went with the old stand by - Chocolate cake.  It was more a sacher in between layers.  The lemony sauce was a nice balance, but next time I think I'll trust my gut and try something new, the chocolate cake was a tad rich (and I have a sweet tooth).

Au Petit Paris
2048 Colquitt
Houston, Texas 77098
(713) 524-7070
www.AuPetitParisRestaurant.com

No comments: