Tuesday, August 7, 2012

HRW - Artisans

I am super excited that August is upon us.  Mainly because that means that the Houston Restaurant Week is back!  While it hasn't been just a week as it was originally started, I don't care, I get to enjoy all these great places at discount prices within a month's time.  Even then, I don't have enough time or money to do them all, so it's paramount to choose wisely!
This round, I picked Artisans. I've been driving by it on my way to work for quite some time now. Just needed an excuse to go in. 
For this HRW lunch menu, they have 2 courses: first and entree course, I ordered the lobster.  It came with risotto and asparagus.  The risotto wasn't heavy and compliment with the sauce and lobster well.
My friend got the beef tenderloin, with green peppercorn sauce and mashed fingerling potato.  It was definitely a feast for the eyes as well as your tummy.
For dessert, I got chocolate mousse.  You definitely should get some of that orange slice to go with your cake and your mousse.  The richness of the chocolate was balanced by the citrus taste.  Nothing sticks out but work together.

I would've come here, HRW or not, but it sure gave us a great opportunity to come by here and give it a try.  I want to come back for more of their other dishes.  Plus, if you want, you can save dessert and go over to Dolce Delights, which is across the parking garage or just around the corner from Sushi Raku.

Artisans
3201 Louisiana Street
Houston, TX 77006
713-529-9111
http://artisansrestaurant.com/

No comments: