Friday, June 22, 2012

Dolce Delights

By word of mouth, I heard about Dolce Delight and had to check it out myself.  =D  It was not exactly easy to find, you could've driven by it and didn't even know.  It is located at the building where Sushi Raku and Piola on Louisiana and Elgin.  
Since it is facing Elgin, the trick to spot it is if you park at the garage, they have a side door entrance to the pastry shop.  They do have a pretty wide range of dessert there.
From brownies to go, to personal size cakes, to regular size cakes.  I saw on their menu that they sell macarons, but they didn't have any when I was visiting.  So, that just means that I have to go back for it.
I heard this is one of their more popular flavor: Rose Cream Brulee Mousse dome with lychee filling.  Honestly, I love the cake that is not overly sweet, but soft and moist for you to enjoy. 

I also heard another popular choice was the chocolate dome, maybe that's my next go.  :)  They are open early on weekday for you to catch your early joe and maybe a piece of cake to go for later.  But they are also open late to cater to the cafe sitting crowd.

Dolce Deights
by Candace Chang
3201 Louisiana St. Suite 100 
Houston, Texas 77006 
(713)807-7575
http://www.mydolcedelights.com/

No comments: