Thursday, June 14, 2012

Bau Truong - Aussie edition

So my aunt and my cousin took me to Blue Mountains and then took me to Bau Truong.  It's quite different than the Vietnamese we have back home, the salads, yes I said salads.
First we have the Lotus salad mixed with shrimp and chicken and pepper.

You mix up the salad with the fish sauce, and you eat them with the crispy shrimp chips, by putting it on top of the chips to get the effect.
Then we have venison salad with veggie and peanut on top.  

Beef salad with tamarind sauce and mint leaves on the sauce.

Vietnamese Pancake (Bahn Xeo), the outside is made out rice flour and coconut milk, and it's crispy.  The inside has bean sprouts, shredded pork, shrimp, and herbs.  You dip it in the fish sauce and soften it and eat it with the filling inside.

Beef roll (Bo la lot), which is one of the 7 course of the Beef 7 Ways.  It is beef roll wrapped in lolot leaves which are indigenous to Loas and Vietnam.  You wrap it in rice paper, and put vermicelli, veggies, bean sprouts, and you dip it in fish sauce for flavor.

Needless to say my aunt and my cousin had to roll me out of this place because that's alot of food for the 3 of us.  Cabramatta has a very big Vietnamese population, and there is no shy of good Vietnamese food in the area.  As a matter of fact, there's different branches of Bau Truong around. 

Bau Truong
70 John Street, 
Cabramatta, NSW 2166
Sydney
Phone: (02) 9727 4492 

No comments: