Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Brennan's Brunch

This is a little late, but I took Mom to Brennan's for Mother's Day Brunch, and here's what we got:


I ordered the brunch set, which was $32 that includes starters, entree, and dessert.  Of course you can order separate from the prix fixe, but the pricing is not much different, and you get more of a deal out of this.  If you end up ordering what they have included on the pre-set menu, then I highly recommend you to take advantage of this.
Before the food arrives, enjoy their warm bread and muffins.  Of course, it can't just be plain biscuit or plain muffins, they have the warmest blue berry muffins, so delicious!
For my starter, I had their famous Turtle Soup.  I'm honestly hoping it's just a mock turtle soup instead of real turtle.  Either way, it's Creole style, so it's thicker than a vegetable soup, but spicier than normal.
For my entree, I ordered the Blue Crab Scramble Eggs.  Honestly, I can taste more crawfish than crab, but it has more a kick to it than I'm used to.  It is a huge serving, if you want to save room for dessert, you need to stop earlier than the half way point.

Whoosh!  Talk about a dinner and a show!  Brennan's is famous for their Banana Foster dessert.  If you order it, they will cook it by table side.  Watch out for your eyebrows!
Here you have this delectable dessert: they come with this awesome homemade vanilla ice cream to compliment the taste very nicely.  If you want to try it for yourself, here's a recipe for you to try. 

Brannan's
3300 Smith Street
Houston, TX 77006
(713) 522-9711
http://www.brennanshouston.com/

No comments: