Thursday, August 23, 2012

HRW - Sorrento

More HRW  goodness.  Couple of girlfriends and I decided to try out Sorrento.  I've always driven by but never tried it before.
Upon sitting down, they brought out the pesto garlic with chili sauce dip.  So, it definitely have a kick one way or another.  Also prepare you for fighting vampire or avoiding kissing anybody.
Sorry, not very good shot of their dinner menu, as it was not available on the HRW site.
This is the Burrata, I'm not sure what that is exactly, but it has arugula, figs, orange, green tomato, and the white thing is cheese of some kind.  I didn't exactly cared for it, I had hoped that it taste more like mozzarella but it doesn't.  
For the main course, I ordered the lobster and arugula tortellini with caviar on top of small piece of fish.  I liked the sauce alot, the amount of lobster can be more generous given the size of the tortellini is pretty big.
For dessert, I got their tiramisu.  Sounded safe for an Italian place.  Unfortunately, it has too much mascarpone.  I also rather see chocolate inside instead of chocolate chips on the top.  Let's not to mention that you can barely taste the coffee bitter which I had hope to offset the cheese.  I will say that the handmade truffle was good.

Sorrento
Reservations recommended
415 Westhiemer Rd, ste 106
Houston, TX 77006
713-527-0609
http://sorrentohouston.com/

No comments: