Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Jenni's Noodle House

Out of the blue David wanted to go to Jenni's Noodles, I'm not going to complain, I love their noodles.  
As it turns out, they have a Gluten Free (and a Vegan) Menu.  They basically transformed their popular dishes into GF friendly meals.  For a lot of them they replaced egg noodles with vermicelli noodles.  
As you can see here I ordered my usual bowl of Chili Oil Ramen, but GF style so it comes with vermicelli noodles.  It still has heat, don't get me wrong, they've kept that intact.  Of course, I had to get a Vietnamese iced coffee.  I must say that it wasn't fully jolted as I had hope, but it was good nonetheless.

A friend and I were just having a discussion about JNH, they are not a traditional noodle house per se.  They do have traditional dishes like pho and wonton soup, but they take creative liberty on variation of the food too.  I think noodles are like fajitas/burritos, every cuisine have a version of it.  It's one of those foods that doesn't have a boundary.  It can go from spaghetti, egg noodles, vermicelli, to soba noodles.  If you are there to enjoy good food, I think you can find there is one of those neighborhood joints for your noodle fix.  But if you have something particular in mind, you may not enjoy it as much as I did.

Jenni's Noodle House
(River Oaks location)
3111 Shepherd Dr. @ Alabama
Houston, TX 77098
(713) 523-7600
http://www.noodlesrule.com/

No comments: