Friday, August 24, 2012

Sweet - Macaron (One year later)

It's almost been a year from my last visit to Sweet in City Center.  It was definitely a nice surprise to find that there's hardly a line for the after dinner/after movie crowd.
But even without lines, you can see they're sold out of alot of the goodies.  Cupcakes are too adorable.
Of course, I have to get some macarons, just so I can satisfy the urge.
I am sad to report that they raised their from from $1.50 to $2, since I was there last year.  That's a 25% hike.  While some places doesn't do as good of job and there are places who baked these better, they're all charging less than that, so it's popularity definitely helped the ego boost to translate to their bottom line.
This time, I had the Cassis (purple), Passonfruite (multi-colored) Pistachio (green), and salted caramel vanilla (brown)
To me, I would say that their mac fillings had improved where they weren't cheating by just putting in some jam and called it a day.  They actually have a decent buttercream in the middle.  But as you can see, the shell just crumbled after one bite.  As a good mac goes, it should be slightly hard on the outside but moist and chewy on the inside, as opposed to cracked and crumbled.

Sweet
Town & Country
801 Town and Country Boulevard  
Suite A120, 
Houston, TX 77024
(713) 647-9338
http://sweethouston.com/

No comments: