Tuesday, August 21, 2012

HRW - Philippe

As the Houston Restaurant Week continues, it's a rare treat that I get to go to try their lunch menu.  Since most of the time I'm at work, or on the weekend, they have a brunch menu.  So going for a proper lunch is a nice treat.  What's also a nice treat is that I got to go to the fabulous Philippe.  I haven't been there for at least a year.  Not that I don't want to go there, some times it's easier and closer to go to places by me.  So going there is definitely a treat.
For HRW, I ordered the wedge iceberg.  I wish they had put more blue cheese to balace out the taste.  And a few more candid walnuts would've been great too.
For the main entree, I ordered the Seafood Risotto.  It has a nice sauce between the seafood and the risotto.  They had shrimp, mussels, scallop and salmon.  The risotto was nice but some bits of it were not cooked thru, and you can taste it when you crunch into it.
For dessert, I ordered the Peach Melba.  I've never had that before, and it sounded good.  It has poached peach, vanilla ice cream, raspberry sauce, almonds and chantilly sauce.  It is light and refreshing for a summer day, hot like ours.  Quite nice for something different.

I would recommend you come back for any meal at Philippe.  Their onion soup was good, and their fois gras terrain style is delicious.  Go back and try that.  If not, go do the bar and sit at their posh area and get some tapas.

Philippe
1800 Post Oak Blvd (next to RDG)
Houston, TX 77056
713-439-1000
http://www.philippehouston.com/location.html

No comments: