Wednesday, December 5, 2012

House of Pie

After a Color Run, a friend and I decided that we needed to refuel.  And so what it's breakfast for dinner, the best place to go for that, and also when you need to sober up is House of Pies
I always get the same thing, that is Cornbeef Hash with Sunny Side Up eggs with Cottage Fries (aka tater tots)
My friend Angie got a lemon ice box pie...
I got a slice of peach pie, no frills, no a la mode. just warmed.  I just love the butter in their crusts.

In case you are not aware already, they are opened 24 hours a day.  I have my favorite servers at night versus the day, but the food is consistent.  Keep in mind, don't go there for a salad, but go there for pie. During Thanksgiving they have a long line for pies and definitely worth the wait.  The rest of the food is more like diner food, and you can't go wrong on that either.  Grease is the secret key of making it tastes so good, but for sure the coffee is addictive.

House of Pies
3112 Kirby
Houston, TX
713-528-3816
http://www.houseofpies.com/index.html

No comments: