Monday, December 24, 2012

Sale - Sucre

For some crepe craving in the Heights, we decided to try Sale' - Sucre' on White Oak.
The place is tiny and quaint, but if you want to make a reservation, they will accommodate.  To the best seats in the house no less, so for special occasion, it's worth it.
I ordered the Beef Bourguignon Crepe.  That's not something you see everyday and oh so French!
See, tons of meat and sauce to go with the crepe.  It was filling for sure!
For dessert, I had to split banana, strawberry, chocolate sauce crepe.  Tons of whip cream.  I just wanted the chocolate sauce.

We also ordered a side of frites, and it was shoe string style.  They also have a full bar and a big wine list, and if you buy a bottle of wine, you can take it with you if you don't finish.  Of course, you have to answer to the open container law.  They call themselves a pastry shop but didn't see anything in display.  I do know that they do have a nice list of dessert that's not necessary crepes.  I may go back for non-crepe food, the crepes aren't bad but let's say I've had better.  

I will say that pick a time to go where there's not a game or people out partying because parking is limited at their lot and street parking you can forget about since the other party-ers already beat you to it.

Sale' - Sucre'
2916 White Oak
Houston, TX 77007
713-623-1406

No comments: