Thursday, January 23, 2014

PF Chang's

Now that we have a baby, it's hard to go out on a date.  Luckily, my mom to the rescue, so we got to dine alone grown up style.
Went to PF Chang's, which we haven't had dinner the two of us for some time.  At night, if they think you'd be interested in using chopsticks, they present you with this fancy box, and you get to pick your own chopsticks.  You know what?  When I'm at home, I have a whole array of chopsticks to choose from, but I wasn't about to give the poor hostess a hard time.

That night was a tad cold, so I ordered some hot tea.  It came with it's own tea pot.  The idea is cute, but when it is cold out, and I wanted more tea to keep warm, that itty bitty thing was just not cutting it.  I kept having to ask for more hot water.  It's cute but not functional, per se.
We got a chicken fried rice and of course gluten free.  You can always tell because the plates they use.  The ones with the logos are specially for gluten free.
Also a spicy chicken gluten free.  The spice definitely have a kick to it. 

This time it was weird that the server gave us normal fortune cookies (which are not gf).  Usually, if the server is smart, they go to the manager to ask for the gf cookies.  It's odd, as big of a chain as PF Chang's, not only do they not make their own, they buy small boxes from another vendor.  We know they keep those at the manager's office.  This round, however, when I requested to get some gf fortune cookies, the server said they stopped providing gf cookies.  That's kinda disappointing if it is true.  We'll go back some point, I'll have to ask about that.

P. F. Chang;s
Highland Village
4094 Westheimer Rd
Houston, TX 77027
713-627-7220
www.pfchangs.com


No comments: