Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Auntie Chang's

It has been a very long time since I've been back to Auntie Chang's.  It was nice to revisit.
When I used to live in the neighborhood, it was easy to get to, and even though turning left on Shepherd is always a challenge, it's never too hard to get some Chinese comfort food.
Our old standby dishes: Ma Po Tofu, this is a vegetarian style.  Usually it has meat in it.  And the server was kind enough to let us know so that we won't be expecting it.  I won't lie, having meat does make it taste better, but without it, the sauce really makes the dish.  I can sit there just with this dish and rice, and be ok for the rest of that day.  Definitely my top go-to comfort food.
The other would be Singapore Street Noodle.  I'm not sure what changed, but the noodle has more elasticity and chewier than before.  There wasn't as many shrimps as they used to either.  That wasn't as good as I remembered it.  The spice level is perfect, but overall we don't remember the dish tasting like that.  

It is nice to go there for dinner.  On second floor, you get a nice sunset with your dinner.  It's pretty chill to watch the traffic go by while you wait for your food.  Our server has been there many years, so it was also nice to see a familiar face too.

Auntie Chang's
2621 S. Shepherd Dr.
# 290
Houston, TX 77098
713-524-8410
http://auntiechangs.com/

No comments: