Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Good Dog

Was running errands in the Heights, figured it's a good time to stop in Good Dog.
Now that they've gone "on shore", I don't see them around town as much as I used to.  Though, the bus does come out to festivals and events.
They took over a former coffee shop and while maintain the 'house' feel.  You do feel like you're having hot dog at home, which happens to have a bar.  Since it was hot, it was a great day for Lavender Lemonade.  Que' Refreshing!
I had the Picnic Dog.  The attraction was the potato salad on top of the dog.  I was just so happy to see the combo, I just can't help myself.  It is covering up the beef and chorizo chili. Of course, no hot dog is complete without a pickle on top.  To keep with their tradition, they have Slow Dough making their buns.  I'm not usually a fan of Slow Dough's but the marriage with the hot dog, proves to be a great one.  It's not too much bread, and it's not dense like what they're famous for.  Definitely worth the trip! 
Can't help myself and got some fresh cut fries.  It comes with this ketchup-like concoction that is quite addictive even though you have no clue what it is.  It has a kick to it, and it's not thick like ketchup.  Turns out it's their Sriracha Ketchup.  No wonder!  Luckily, it's not super spicy, but it is true, it is addictive.

I'm looking at the menu, we'll have to come back a few more times.  I'm totally dying to try the beer cheese soup with bacon.  Urm, hello!  It just sounded good, especially on a winter day.  Pork and Pear Roll, which I'm not sure what it's about, but I want to come back and find out.  Definitely worth this trip and couple more to come.

Good Dog
903 Studewood St
Houston, TX 77008
832-800-DOGS
http://gooddoghouston.com/

No comments: