Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Red Dessert Dive

I heard about Red Dessert Dive, and as the Sweet Tooth that I am, I have to go check it out.
It's on Studewood & 11th, across from Liberty Kitchen.
Cute detail on the bar stools.
I was kinda late that day, and the cold case was kinda empty.
The goodies case, however, does have some good stuff for after dinner crowd.
They outsourced some of the baked goods to Clean Sweets, which we have the Gooey Apple Crumble Cake (L) and Rose Lemon Bar.  I will say that the crumble cake is good, the lemon bar wasn't as good as I'd thought it'd be.  It has too much of a rosewater after taste, and it's stronger than the lemon taste.  Thru off the balance a bit.  But, should you want more, you can go back to Red for more, or they are delivering to different coffee shops too.  

What makes them unique is that they are gluten free, can be vegan & paleo friendly.  If you are eating clean, this is a great option.  
This is their chocolate chip tea cake.  It's not very rich and great for after dinner dessert.  Next time, I think I'll go back for the bread pudding.  The couple in front of me snagged the last few, so I'll be earlier next time. 

Parking is convenient, they have a small lot right next to them, and people do leave as soon as they're done, so you don't have to drive around to get a spot.   They also serve wine there, so if you want to unwind from the day, you can.  And of course, they have coffee and tea to go with your dessert too.

Red Dessert Dive
1045 Studewood St
Houston, TX 
832-649-2977
https://www.facebook.com/redhouston

No comments: