Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Omni - Cafe on the Lake

Went to a birthday dinner at Omni Hotel out on Eldridge.
The hotel restaurant, called Cafe on the Lake, because they have an indoor lake, super cute.
Chef gave us an amuse bouche, which was a fried shrimp with Thai cole slaw, which was very unique and I've never had that before.  I was surprised with the creativity and the mix that worked so well together.  Impressed nonetheless.
Since I wasn't super hungry, got the Quesadilla Sampler, there's 2 steak slices, 2 chicken slices, 2 shrimp slices... I couldn't even finish all of that.
Needless to say, by the time they gave us a slice of chocolate cake, I had no room in my tummy for it.  Had to take it home.  That said, it was pretty good, was it heavy?  Sorta, but it was worth the calories.

Don't think hotel restaurants are stuffy, they give one of the better service than a lot of other high end restaurants.  They know that more than likely you're staying on property, and they want to give you a positive experience at your stay there.  It's not hard for guests to go down on Eldridge and find all sorts of cuisine.  But for dining in, they do go the extra mile, and I appreciate that.

Omni Hotel & Resort
13210 Katy Fwy
Houston, TX 77079
281-558-8338
https://www.omnihotels.com/hotels/houston-westside/dining/cafe-on-the-lake

No comments: