Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Momofuku - Las Vegas

Sunday night, walked over to Cosmopolitan and went up to Momofuku's.
Not hard to find, it's at the skybridge level and in a corner.  Or during prime time, just follow the crowd.
You can sit at the ramen bar facing the kitchen, or like us, sitting at the bar bar and they also serve the full menu.
For starter, we got the Pear and Burrata. What I like to do is to wrap burrata cheese around a slice of pear, and top it with some truffle and then chase it with the lettuce after.  It gives it a full body taste and you can also taste the hazelnut that was sprinkled on the pear.  I liked it, very different but yet yummy.
Brussel Sprouts and it also comes with fried cauliflower, soaked in fish sauce.  So naturally, the bottom part is saltier than the top part.  There's a pepper in there, I tasted it but can't see it. 
Here's my black truffle ramen.  The noodle was nice and thick.  Instead of a 60 degree egg, they have an egg yolk.  Soaked in chickpea miso which gives it a full body taste.  Topped with black truffle, it helped enhanced the flavor.  Though, I will say, I expected to mix my truffle well into the noodle, but perhaps they stuck together or I didn't mix it up really well.  They tend to lump together.  One thing I will say was that it would've been great to have some pork in there, so...
... here's the pork bun.  I really missed the protein in my noodle, so pork bun was just right.  The pork was tender and the pickle is house-made.  It already came with hoisin sauce, so not sure if the SSAM Sauce (super hot sauce) was really necessary.  But hey!  When in Rome, right?!  So I tried it, it was thru the roof hot!  So, I shall abstain.  

Overall, between seating and the meal, it didn't take more than 45 mins.  We didn't have a reservation and knew it'd be busy because they do have a lunch service, happy hour, and dinner.  Luckily, we seated at the bar, and the food pretty much all came out at the same time.  So, we got to people watch and enjoy a meal.  Our bartender/server was super friendly and made sure we were well taken care of, which is totally appreciated.

Momofuku - Las Vegas
Cosmopolitan
3708 Las Vegas Blvd S
Las Vegas, NV 89109
702-698-2663
https://vegas.momofuku.com


No comments: