Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Escalante

When you say Happy Hour, I always felt that Mexican Food cannot go wrong.
Luckily I got there early enough before the dinner crowd came in... Chips... yum!
Queso, double yum!  I asked for con carne, and they brought me all the fixin's on a separate plate.  Don't usually have that, but hey, cheese is cheese.  I'm not picky.
This is the Mint and Melon, pretty tasty, not too fruity and not too much alcohol either.  Goes down easy, get drunk fast.  Watch this one!
This is the Enchiladas Marisco, which has shrimp and crab meat inside the tortilla and they pour more cheese on top.  Came with pico, guac, rice, and beans.  Naturally, I soaked up all the cheese and rice.  The rest were just there, yes I even said that about guac.  Usually, I will take the guac happily, but just cannot bring myself to do it.  That said, it was a happy and satisfying meal, so no regret there.

I love Tex Mex, and going to places in Meyerland, you do have to think ahead, since the dinner crowd is earlier to accommodate families near by.  Go early, get a decent parking and enjoy the food.

Escalante
590 Meyerland Plaza
Houston, TX 77096
713-663-7080
http://www.escalantes.net

No comments: