Thursday, March 22, 2018

Tiger Den

Came back to Tiger Den for dinner with friends.
Just to remind everyone, make sure you put your name down.  But, if your party is incomplete, they won't seat you.
Spicy Cucumber, I'm not a spicy food fan, but this is pretty interesting.  Crunchy with spice sauce and bonito flakes.  Something different.
Gyoza, their dumpling is super good, I can go for another dish.
Ika Geso aka Calamari - which kinda freaked my friend out.  It's bigger pieces than a normal calamari you'll see, but it's just as good.  I'd like to do this one again actually.
I got Tsukemen, it is dipping noddles, the noddles are somewhat cold, and you dip into the soup.  So needless to say, since the soup is full of orange, you can tell that it's spicy.  And being a whimp that I am, I have to carry tissue and wipe my tears.  It was fire burning hot.  Besides the egg and the scallions you see here, there are meat in the bottom, and you can mix it all up.  You then dip your noodles into the soup and grab whichever side.

For me, I would mix it all up, and then put the noodles in.  The trick however, for us whimps, is that you cannot leave it in there too long.  It'd be hard to fish them back out, and by the time you do, it'd be super spicy.  And I do mean, super spicy.  The meat was good, but my mouth was too on fire to tell any other taste other than spicy.  That said, I do know that this was not an original menu item.  It was always on the board type items, and finally made its way to the permanent menu.  It proofs to be a great noodle dish to be on there.

Tiger Den
9889 Bellaire Blvd
Ste D-230
Houston, TX 77036
832-804-7755
http://www.tigerdentx.com

No comments: