Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Tiger Den

Happen to be on the Southwest side of town, and stopped in early for some ramen.
It was right around 6p but they still made me write my name and wait outside when they do have plenty of tables open.  Hmm... very curious.
Got a cup of green tea to sooth my throat... hot, hot, hot!
Got the brussel sprouts for starter.  It was crispy but the flavor seems to go with the sauce which were all sank towards the bottom.  That means, whatever on top didn't have as much flavor as the stuff in the middle and the stuff at the bottom were way too concentrated.
Got the Tonkotsu ramen.  The soup is thick, which is what they boast, but for my personal taste, I think it can stand to have been cooked longer or more ingredient to give it a thicker texture.  Not that it's bad, it's decent, but could be better.  The noodle is fresh, got good elasticity, which I knew they were made in house from my first visit here.  The egg is just right, no complaint there.  I added extra pork slices and they are not the type that falls off as you touch it, but it is tender and has decent flavor.

Overall, I think everything is decent, especially after having no good, no flavor ramen elsewhere.  That said, I think they did get a bit complacent with their dishes since they are pretty much the only game in that side of town.  I think if you park them next to Agu or Jin or Jinya, it'll be very different.  Anyway, got seated quickly, good service.  Overall not a bad experience.

Tiger Den
9889 Bellaire Blvd
Ste D-230
Houston, TX 77036
832-804-7755
http://www.tigerdentx.com

No comments: