Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Ramen Jin

Didn't realized it's been a while since I've been back to Ramen Jin.
 Menu changed alot since then.  The cute egg cakes, certain appetizers has been replaced.  The main staples are still there, don't you worry.
 Got a can of iced green tea, they imported from Japan.  I love anything UCC, which are hard to come by, some are difficult to locate even at the local Japanese grocery store across the street.
Got the Gyoza, sadly, you can tell it's not made in house and it's frozen.  No bits of frozen in there, but the taste was robbed a bit.  But no worries... I can smell my noodles coming!
I got the Tonkotsu, I do miss my egg though, which was nowhere to be found.  The meat is good, and it's the fall apart good, as you stab into it.  But, the soup, it's nice and rich, and I wouldn't mind if it gets a bit more fat, though I know not everyone likes that.

If you've never been, you place your order at the counter after you studied the menu board.  You go find a seat, and make sure they have chopsticks, spoons, and napkins.  I do know sometimes right after a rush, they don't replace quick enough.  They will give you a number and bring you your food.  You feel free to slurp, though it's not customary in US, it is part of the dish's culture.  Slurp away!

Ramen Jin
11181 Westheimer Rd
Houston, TX 77401
713-278-8702
https://www.facebook.com/ramenjin

No comments: