Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Barnaby's

Took the kiddo for an early photo shoot.  Driving around looking for decent breakfast besides IHOP or Denny's.  Then, in a very dugged up Shepherd, I remembered that Barnaby's is tuck inside there.
So happens that they're open at 8am, and we're one of the first few customers there.  The 'regulars' were already poised at their 'usual' tables and chatting away with their buddy servers.  I was a tad clumsy, since I was much less equipped with a non-hungry toddler.
Nonetheless, I ordered Corn Beef Hash with Eggs.  Since I haven't been here in ages, totally forgot that they put it on a skillet.  Which makes cutting up the egg a tad challenging.  And I'm one of those people who doesn't like my egg yolk ooze into my other food.  So, that's even more challenging as things were.  

That said, the Corn Beef Hash, which you cannot see because it's underneath the eggs, were delicious.  They have little chunks of meat instead of tiny bits of meat.  When you get it, you'll know what I mean.  It's definitely hearty.  

And I want to thank the server who took a pity at my clumsiness with a fussy toddler and didn't make me walk up to the cashier to pay and did it for me.  Bless you.

Barnaby's Cafe
1701 Shepherd Dr
Houston, TX 
713-520-3191
http://www.barnabyscafe.com/

No comments: