Wednesday, March 29, 2017

House of Pie (Pi)

Been a while since I've been back to House of Pies
We went to breakfast, which is even stranger, most of the time I come here are at night, if not late night.
We sat there and chat thru cups and cups of coffee.  Had to do decaf.  I'm not sure what it is, maybe it's been sitting there for a long time, or the burnt bottom on something, their decaf tasted super diner and delicious.  Very fitting.
I got the Sunshine to try this round.  As you can see, there's tons of food.  Couldn't even finish them.   Eggs, bacon, potato (O'Brien style - aka tator tots), peach (albeit canned), and toast.  Talk about lots and lots of food.

Not too much to comment, these are basic food, as long as you didn't under or over cook them, I'm content.  

I will comment on seating.  As I mentioned before, we usually when it's dark, so it's never been noticeable.  But we were seated the the front, where it was rebuilt after the fire.  And when the sun is rising in the morning, that A/C is not keeping up.  We were super hot in between it coming on, and it was warm enough to say something.  I can only imagine when summer is truly bringing the heat, what that'd be like.  Otherwise, food is good, our service was good, the guy kept making sure we had our coffee (the most important food group).  It was a great experience for a Houston institution.

House of Pies
3112 Kirby Dr
Houston, TX 77098
713-528-3816
http://www.houseofpies.com/


No comments: