Monday, March 27, 2017

Rise No.2

So lucky to get to go to lunch with a new colleague.
She picked French, so I brought her here at Rise
Got the Marshmallow Soup.  So cool to watch them pour the pesto down.
Don't forget to dip the breadstick, the yummiest, cheesiest ever.  Now, don't think I'm having true marshmallow in my soup.  It is actually mini cheese souffle in tomato based soup with pesto on top.  I'm not usually a tomato soup fan, but with this, I'll make an exception, because it is really THAT good.
This time I got the Southwest Chicken Souffle.  I forget how heavy they are, even though everyone makes fun that it's nothing but egg whites.  It's a lot of ingredients and you taste the chunks of chicken.  I was curious because it might be too heavy to rise up, but it does just fine.  They pour some hot sauce on top to give it a taste.  
For dessert, which we really shouldn't have but did anyway... went for the classic Chocolate Souffle.  It was all nice and pretty.  And just in case that's not enough chocolate for you, they also have a little thing of chocolate sauce for your chocolate souffle.  Wow.
They made it very pretty the way they poured.  But let's face it, it wasn't going to last long.  Basically, we hacked into it as soon as she put down the container.  It was delicious and not dry.  Mind you, this was a split, just because it is heavy.

Overall, the service is wonderful, they do aim to educate in case you don't know which to order.  And they do change up the menu since the last I've been here.  They've included more salad and soup selection.  Entire experience was just wonderful.

Rise No.2
1700 Post Oak Blvd
Ste #290
Houston, TX 77056
713-850-7473
http://www.risesouffle.com/locations/houston-tx

No comments: