Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Asahi

Went back to Asahi for lunch.  Love the happy hour special on the weekends.
I got the agadashi tofu, I always thought it's weird that the ponzu sauce is served separately. 
I also got a kani salad, which to my surprised it's huge serving and with alot of the fried topping.
I got the sashimi, salmon, yellowtail, and peppered tuna.  I will say this: the tuna was good, the yellowtail was ok, sadly the salmon has no taste.  Le Sigh.  
They happened to have Uni, they were pushing it.  Thought I'd give it a shot.  Well.... sadly, and no surprisingly, it was not good.  It was slimey and no taste, that was a $4.50 wasted.  

Anyway, sometimes you get what you paid for.  The Happy Hour price is good, and the sashimi pieces are generous size.  This time the quality wasn't as good, in the past, I didn't have any complaint.  Hopefully, this is a fluke.  I will come back to try again, but hope it gets better.

Asahi Sushi
8236 Kirby Dr
# 200
Houston, TX 77054
713-664-7686
http://asahisushi.net/en/

No comments: