Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Ramen Bar Ichi

Oh my goodness!  Been meaning to stop by here forever...
Since their hours aren't thru non-peak meal times, you really have to go catch them if you're not in the area.  Plus, calculate times where the nearby constructions may impact how long it takes to get there.
To start, I got the Takoyaki - this is the Osaka style.  Takoyaki itself is savory pancake texture with squid inside in ball shaped.  To make this Osaka style, the top has takoyaki sauce, dried fish powered on, and strips of nori on top.
Here's a close up: yum....  It is accompanied by spicy mayo and creamy mayo.  Personally, even though I'm not a spicy eater, the spicy mayo is definitely more flavorful than the creamy mayo.  Just my two cents.
Here's the reason why I was here: ramen!  Without care, the first thing came out of my mouth was Tonkotsu.  Here's the interesting part, the broth is pork & chicken broth, but I can taste the difference in the soup but I can't tell from the texture.  As you can see, there's scallion, mushroom, pork (which was hidden underneath), bamboo, garlic oil, and 60 degree egg.  I would say the egg was more cooked than I know.  The soup, after you mix up all the ingredients in the bowl does taste better than before you mix  Overall, I think it's less salty than the other ones I've tried.  Neither here nor there, just different.

As mentioned before, the nearby constructions is a bear.  But if you get there at the beginning of dinner service, you'll get a table no problem.  Of course, there's always the bar.  Since every bowl is cooked to order, everything does take a bit longer, so don't come hangry.

Ramen Bar Ichi
1801 S. Dairy Ashford
# 108
Houston, TX 77077
https://www.ramenbarichi.com


No comments: