Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Ohn Korean Eatery

Talked my mom into going to Ohn with me.
To her, the joint is too hip for her taste.  I told her, who cares as long as the food is good.  That's the important point, right?
When we first sit down, they brought over 3 side dishes.  We got spiced cucumber, spiced daikon slices, and kimchi.  So basically, all spicy stuff, which I did not touch because I'm a wimp. 
I really love their Soy Garlic Wings, just my taste on these, not too salty, but lightly pickled, has a little bit of kick, but not the focal point.  Just delicious.
My second favorite dish, tteokbokki, or as I mispronounce - dobboki.  It is stir-fried rice cake with sweet soy sauce, scallions, and mushrooms.  It usually hot off the wok, so be careful of the temp.  That said, it is nice, gluttonous and delicious.  Now granted, I've been watching alot of Kdrama so I have been craving for some when someone on any of the show is eating this off the streets.  It's just a mini craving.
Also to share, we got the Seoul Brisket.  This is a very Texas dish - MEAT!  It is half pound brisket, and I know this doesn't exactly do it justice.  But it has BBQ sauce (which by the way is also very nice and go very well with the meat), potato salad (like all good barbecue place would), kimchi (cuz why not) and jalapeño peppers.  The meat doesn't take a lot of effort to tear it apart, and it is very well  smoked.  The fat and meat proportion is good.  And they give you two rolls to go with your meat, and you can make your own BBQ brisket sandwich.  

I love coming to this place, they have the street food that I want, and the hip decor.  Their TV plays Kpop, which we realized they have different 2 Kpop channels on different TVs, none of which matches what's being played overhead.  

You sit down and they bring you sides and a bottle of water, you can pour your own.  Then when you're ready to order, you just hit the server light, which is very much a thing at alot of Korean restaurants I've been to, unless they're small, that's their system.  Food came out pretty fast, no issue with anything.  If you don't know what the descriptions are, just ask, the servers are used to it.  

The area does seem to be a tad busy, and there's an officer that sits himself at the parking lot to deter any mischiefs.  That said, we don't come here very late if we can help it.  As usual, be aware of your surroundings.

Own Korean Eatery
9630 Clarewood Dr
Suite A-16
Houston, TX 77036
832-831-1862


No comments: