Thursday, June 21, 2018

E-Tao

Short and quick one today.
Was just at E-Tao not too long ago.  This time I'm on a diet, so have to pick lighter fare...  

In terms of Chinese food, there's no good evils here.  They can all do damage. From rice to veggies, which seemingly harmless choice, can also be harmful.  It's all the matter of 'how' they cook them.  SO! After some research, I got the Chicken and Broccoli.  It's the least oily from my normal fares.  Nothing fried, the soy sauce used is not as aggressive as it's lovely counterpart, Beef & Broccoli, yet still flavorful.  I just love how the rice is in a pyramid form.  I didn't have too much rice, just because it's not my friend lately.  That said, the little sauce that the dish had, worked well for the little rice that I am eating.  

As usual, I have decent service here and quickly seated even during busy lunch hour.  One new thing I learned, they are approved by one of the religious council that their food is halal approved.  I thought that was interesting.  I did't know that Chinese food is not, and that they have a council letter to deem its approval.  Go check it out by the front kitchen some time.

E-Tao
5135 W. Alabama 
Ste 7295
Houston, TX 77056
713-965-0888

No comments: