Thursday, June 7, 2018

Singapore Cafe

Happened to be in Sugarland and thought we'd go back to the Singapore Cafe.
On weekends, you really walk up to the counter, order and grab a seat.  But the guy saw that we're not very familiar, seated us and took orders for us.
This is the weekend special: Nasi Lemak, which has a bed of rice made with coconut milk, fried chicken wings, and fried fish with a sliced egg and cucumber on the side along with a dab of hot sauce.

I didn't touch the hot sauce, just because I'm a wimp.  But the fish or the chicken went very well with the rice.  I'm totally in love with rice made with coconut milk.
This is the Fried Hokken Mein, which is vermicelli with egg fried noodles with chicken and shrimp.  We didn't realized that this is a wet dish.  Had it been the dried stir fried, I think I would've like it more.  But it's wet, it felt like soup but with fried stuff, which makes it awkward for me.

The place is super casual and the staff are friendly.  However, if you want to pack up your leftover, they have a station with all the amenities, you just have to help yourself.

Singapore Cafe
3149 Hwy 6
Sugar Land, TX 77478
832-532-6277

No comments: