Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Raclette - NYC

I've experienced Raclette dinner in Houston twice with my awesome group of friends.
Ever since hearing about a small place in NY that does it, we have to make a trek.
It is located in the Alphabet City in Manhattan, for those who are not familiar, not that I am, but it is beyond the East Village, mostly residential area.  Which is probably one of the reasons why I have never been there before, since most of my activities don't take me that way.
I got the Mediterranee' which has tomato, asparagus, and baguette, I also added extra prosciutto on mine for some protein.  Of course the cheese itself, I got the truffle ones, which is the most popular one, we're told. 

Besides the set raclette dishes they also have burgers, mac and cheese, salad and others as well.  The main event of course is to see the server swipe the melted cheese onto your dish.  They are total pros, of course, and they do it perfectly in one swipe.  So mesmerizing to watch.  Remember in New York, you pretty much need to make a reservation for any party more than 2.  If you want Raclette in Houston, try Kandli Haus, and book a session.

Raclette NYC
511 E. 12th St
New York, NY 10009
917-853-5377
https://raclette.nyc

No comments: