Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Hash House A-Go-Go

So, under many people's recommendations, we ended up at Hash House A-Go-Go.
I was wondering why it looked so familiar.  That's because the Linq used to be Harrah's, which I've stayed before.  And this would've been to their buffet way back then.
Instead, here's a $15 coffee that I'm super surprised when it arrived.  I just ordered a caramel macchiato.  Turns out if I had added alcohol in it, it would've still be the same price.  Go figure.
As the name goes, Hash House, of course, I have to order some Hash.  I got the Corn Beef Hash.  Well, I was a tad disappointed.  The hash has slices of corn beef instead of chopped or diced.  There are decent amount of potato and other fixin's but it's just seems like it's missing something.

I should've taken the hint our server was giving us ever so subtly.  He kept saying these dishes are public's favorite.  Meaning, they're not his favorite.  And I do believe in server's words.  After all, they are there day in and day out, they know what's good and what's not, right?!
This one he told us several times how it's a definite favorite, and that is the Banana Brown Sugar Pancake.  That's right, just one.  But as you can already tell, it is bigger than the plate itself.

Don't worry, we split everything you see here (except the coffee).  In the pancake, you can definitely see slices of banana the long-way.  And there are brown sugar in the mix, which surprisingly doesn't come across too sweet.  Mind you, that I skipped the syrup, butter and whipped cream.

This place is open 24 hours.  That said, we got there around 10:30a and was seated right away.  The place was already filling up.  By the time 11 rolls around, the waiting line started to build up.  So, as usual, go before the crowd, even for a few minutes, that still get you seated faster than the rest.

Though I was disappointed in the Corn Beef Hash.  I enjoyed the experience, the people watching, the giants pancake and what not.  Plus our server was nice and make sure we're doing alright.  He was also telling us that if we bring the receipt back by 9pm, we get a discount on our second meal.  If you're going to gamble all day, that is not a bad deal for a quick break.

Hash House A Go Go
inside Linq Hotel (formerly Harrah's)
3535 Las Vegas Blvd S
Las Vegas, NV 89109
702-254-4646
https://www.hashhouseagogo.com


No comments: