Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Tamashi Ramen

Whenever the weather does a cold blast, I instinctively want Ramen.
Came back to Tamashi just for that reason.
As my friend, Dan, taught me to do the Fried Kani.  Granted, it's nothing truly special, I'm just doing it for the 'gram', it is quite unique and when you soak it into the broth, it does get this crispy melty combo.
Got my Shoyu ramen, it has the famous 60 degree soft-boil egg, chashu, bamboo, fish cake, scallion, and cabbage. 

Difference between Shoyu and Tonkotsu is that Shoyu is soy sauce based and typically are clear broth based.  Versus, Tonkotsu is a creamy pork based broth that should have more taste texture than Shoyu.  Typically, takes longer to make as well.

What is your winter, warm-your-belly food?

Tamashi Ramen
2518 W. Holcomb Blvd
Houston, Tx 77030
346-204-5523
https://www.tamashiramensushi.com

No comments: