Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Auntie Chang's

It has been a long time since I've been back to Auntie Chang's.
It's on the upstairs at a shopping center on Shepherd by Westheimer.  It's been there forever.
For Lunch Specials, they come with soup and wonton chips.
We got the pork steamed dumplings.  The skin was way too thick, and the consistency just varies.
My favorite ruin-my-diet dish: beef and broccoli.  Mainly, I just wanted the sauce to accompany my rice. 
Only difference is, instead of rice, we ordered the Singapore Street Noodles.  

You can tell there's been a change of chef because the noodle is much spicier than before.  Now, granted, I haven't been there for 4 plus years, lots can change.  This place have always been known for Americanized Chinese food.  That said, it was enjoyable, and now the place just feels tired.  Hope they turn the corner soon.

Auntie Chang's
2621 S. Shepherd Dr
Houston, TX 77098
713-524-8410
http://auntiechangs.com

No comments: