Monday, March 9, 2020

Caracol

Went back to Caracol for work dinner.
Even on week nights, they tend to get busy, so make sure you make a reservation!

Got the Pineapple Paloma to start.  Just so festive!
This is the Ceviche de Caracol, there are conch, pineapple, papaya, ginger, and red jalapeƱo.  My coworker said, grab a glass of Riesling to go with this dish, great pairing.
This is the Ensalada de Betabel, which is beets, lemon, walnuts, whipped blue cheese, and little bit of blood orange.  Very light and good as summer is approaching.
This is the Taquitos Tronadores de Carnitas, which is a pulled pork taquito, super yummy, everyone was trying to get their hands on this one.
Of course, their famous wood-roasted Oysters.  My favorite, I can probably sit there and eat the entire dozen if it's not in front of company. 
Decided to do Chile Relleno de Pollo, that's chicken, with green pumpkin seed sauce, Chihuahua cheese.  Very different, not too dry, as far as the chicken go.  The sauce has decent flavor but not over-emporwering. 
For sides, we got some rice and beans.
Another side is the crispy potato, I've never had that before and they put some cheese crumbs on top. Super delicious.  Now, it's definitely on my radar.
For dessert, I got the Churros.  To my surprise, it wasn't warm and I feel like it doesn't have enough flavor.  Of course, chocolate ice cream is good, but I'm used to dipping into hot chocolate sauce.  So that was a let down.

Overall, I never had a bad meal here.  I love the staff that are super attentive but not pushy.  Food is delicious as usual.  Again, definitely make a reservation, no matter if it is weekend or weekdays.  This is a popular business dinner place.  You can elect to valet or self park.  The entry for self-park is on the side, grab a ticket, and on your way out, stop by the hostess stand to get it validated, very convenient.

Caracol
2200 Post Oak Blvd
Ste 160
Houston, TX 77056
713-622-9996
http://www.caracol.net

No comments: