Thursday, March 5, 2020

Sweet Memes

Walked into Sweet Memes...
...took a look around.  Was wondering why does it look so familiar.
Then finally click that it was the old Boba & Cream's reincarnation.
I got a Fruit Tea, just sounded nice.  Peach tea with fresh slices of peach inside.  My kind of jam.
I also ordered Panna Cotta, except, didn't realized it's more like a drink.  So, it is Vietnamese Dessert called Che Khuc Bach, which has gelatin blocks of desserts in almond, lychee, pandan flavors.  From what I gathered, they're mostly blocks of gelatin, not more sweet syrup than the blocks.  But that's what ended up showing up in front of me.  

I tasted it, I was super full, and plus the fruit tea, I just had a couple of bites and passed it on.  As far as dessert goes, it's not bad.  Just wasn't what I thought it was.  
Another thing this shop is known for is their block toast.  They basically have this big block of bread, emptied out the middle and toasted them.  This one in particular is the salted egg yolk one.  So, they had the salted egg yolk, crushed it into pieces and they sprinkled it all around and then put whipped cream on top.  

It does taste good, it does come with a side of ice cream.  To off set the saltiness, they had condensed milk drizzled.  So, you get some salty with your sweet.  It's pretty good, I was just super full by that point.

There are plenty of seating, also couple of walls great for the 'gram.  That said, like any dessert or coffee places, people tend to hang for a while playing games and chatting.  So, either hit it right after dinner, or after that mad rush for a date or something.

Sweet Memes
9630 Clarewood Dr
Houston, TX 77036
832-849-0948
https://sweet-memes-dessert-tea.business.site

No comments: