Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Yokushi Robata

Went to Yokushi for a quick lunch.
Arrived when they were open, so everything is much more relaxed.
Got the squid skewers, delicious!
Scallop on the shell.  The left one was so tiny that they gave us two on one shell.  Flavor is ok on this one.
For the main dish, I ordered the Yokushi Don.  That is, marinated pork belly over rice with pickled veggie and sesame sprinkled about.  Let's face it, I'm a huge pork belly fan, you can put whatever along with it, I'll eat it.  Caveat that it has to taste good and not dry.  I would say 90% of the time, I've tasted some pretty well made ones and this is no exception.  Not dry at all, the fat to meat proportion is good.  I appreciate that they didn't throw in all the fatty ones in one dish.  

As I mentioned earlier, if you come before peak meal time, you tend to get easier time for seating and better service and this is no exception.

Yokushi Robata
3837 Richmond Ave
Houston, TX 77027
832-933-6888
https://www.yokushirobata.com

No comments: