Wednesday, August 12, 2020

HRW - Traveler's Table

This is my first HRW for this year.
Things this year is not like years past, so I'm focused on restaurants that will do take outs.
For Traveler's Table's Brunch, I started out with Vietnamese Coffee Cake.  It was goofy, online, they said it's out of stock, but they obviously was offering it in person.  

Overall, for coffee cake, I expected some hint of coffee.  For it to be Vietnamese Coffee which has a very distinctive taste and smell, I didn't sense too much of it.  I think I'd like for it to be a tad more moist to make the texture more perfect with the drizzle.
For my main course, I ordered the Truffled Ham, Mushroom, Brie Omelette.  I was surprised to see the onions draped on top.  I saw it in the description was hoping it was inside.  But what they did here was to have the onion melt the brie on top of the omelette.  It's decent, but I was left to wonder if I did taste any of the truffle that was on the description. 
 We also ordered a side of bacon to share.  Luckily, they are cooked well and the slices are thick, so that made me feel better for paying extra $6 for 4 slices of bacon.  Still high, but the taste and size redeemed for it.

They do allow for HRW order on their online ordering system.  However, you are missing a few options which I've called to find out that you can phone in the order and they will let you know if an item is available for order or not.  As a matter of fact, when the manager delivered my food at curbside pickup.  I had informed him as well.  He was apologetic but did admit there was a glitch.  

When you arrive, there are 2 entrance to their parking lot.  The 'smaller' one is for curbside and handicap parking.  The other is for dining.  On the weekend, they have a guy that valet's - if you're comfortable with that.  That said, he does block off spots and if you need to cut thru from one side to the other, you have to wave him down.  Otherwise, he's pointing you to a parking spot.  Once you arrived at the front, you have to phone in and let them know you've arrived.  Even though I've noted on the online order in the notes what my make and model of my car, they will ask again, in case you send someone else to pick up.

This year because things are so bad that all the restaurants that are participating are committed to donate $1 per meal to the Houston Food Bank.  That doesn't sound like a lot, but $1 can get 3 meals thru the Food Bank.  So, even though it is not a huge impact, it is important to participate.  Not only for the Food Bank, but also for the restaurants that are participating.  Hopefully, this is a way to reenergize the food scene and get people out eating agin.  

Traveler's Table
520 Westheimer Rd
Houston, TX 77006
832-409-5785
https://travelerstable.com

No comments: