Monday, August 31, 2020

Rice to Meet You

My first time using the Chowbus app (note: I'm not being compensated by Chowbus)
I was just intrigued to see claypot dishes easily accessible that I didn't know about.

I got the meal set, which comes with an entree and a drink or appetizer.  So, obviously, I got the drink here.  It's a Mango Green Tea, very light-bodied and has a hint of mango, not too fruity or too floral.
I got the Cantonese Cured Pork Belly claypot entree.  It has the Chinese sausage and pork belly.  The key to any claypot rice dish is that they burnt the rice and the whole lump clump together.  The characteristic about these dishes is that they give you a soy sauce mix and you pour it over the rice to break up those lumps.  

So, when you order dish like this, pour on the sauce, mix the rice, protein all up and it's ready to go.  They gave us half of an egg, that's a lot of protein here.  Basically took me over 2 meals to finish this.

Another thing to note is that this is my first time using Chowbus the app.  Neighbor of mine referred me.  I thought, why not, I'm lazy I don't want to drive.  I will say that I'm impressed that they are smart enough to bundle the restaurants together for the users' convenience.  What that means is: if one of you want one type of dish, another person want something else.  The app has a deal where if it is part of their bundle, they are willing to make multiple stops with no additional fee.  

Like the other food delivery app, you get the status of your order, track your driver and communicate via the app.  But, I would say true to any dine-in Asian eatery, they delivered 10+ minutes before the delivery window.  The driver actually read the instructions of where I tell him to go.  So needless to say, I'm impressed.  

Is not that a lot of mom and pop restaurants already offered delivery for 5 miles radius or something of the like.  But this is taking multiple stops, multiple dishes all combine into one with no miles restrictions.  Not to mention, they now have more restaurants participating, truly helps me discover different places without having to leave my house.   Keep in mind Chowbus is mostly picking up from Chinatown (Bellaire) area.

Rice to Meet You
9888 Bellaire Blvd
Ste 138
Houston, TX 77036
713-777-8838
https://www.ricetomeetu.com



 

No comments: