Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Dim Sum King

Since we've been staying at home, we haven't had dim sum very frequently.  So we decided to order some.
This is their Egg Tart - the crust is super flaky which is one of the 2 popular ways of making the tart crust. I usually judge how sweet in the custard mix with how the crust is made.  This one so far is decent out of the gate.

Top: Xiao Lung Bao, Shu Mai (shrimp dumpling), and Har Gow (pork dumpling).  So far pretty norm.

Turnip Cake - this is veggie style not meat in the middle.  Flavor is ok.

They were out of one of the dishes I ordered, and they comp this meat ball dish in return.  It was weird because it congealed together.  And it tasted strange... hmm.

Plain Cheung Fun - rice noodle.  You MUST dip it with soy sauce.  Not just any kind of soy sauce, it's a specific type, so take whatever sauce they give you.

Char Siu Bao - Steam Pork bun - it's lots of bread not enough filling.

This is sticky rice.  I swear they usually come with chicken and in banana leaf, but this came with neither and I had to awkwardly put some protein with the sticky rice.  

Overall, the to-go process is not hard.  You can call in or go place the order.  Once you placed the order, go run errands or check out other small businesses and come back to pick up.  For me, the regular dishes they done well.  For some other ones, I'm not sure what happened there.  They used to be so much more on top of it.  Of course, we always said, eating at home and eating at the restaurant is very different.  So I'm not quite sure which it is.  I can just say this experience is not what I remembered them to be. 

Dim Sum King
9160 Bellaire Blvd
#B
Houston, TX 77036
713-270-6788
https://www.dimsumkingtx.com

 

No comments: