Monday, February 1, 2021

Mutiny Wine Room

This will mark the 2nd time that I've been out to a restaurant.
This time, we're at Mutiny Wine Room, thank to a fellow mom's recommendation.

To start, we ordered the Coastline Board

It has a side of shrimps.

Salmon, bread, olive, sardine, and pickled veggies

Also some asparagus and smoked trout dip with caviar on top.  It's pretty decent.

I got the Cacio e Pepe. This dish is like risotto except with longer grain rice.  It is topped with an softly poached egg at 63 degrees.  Cacio e Pepe is really Cheese and Pepper.  The cheese is in the sauce, which they used pecorino cheese.  You see pepper on the dish there.  They had these crispy garlic flakes that reminded me of the fried onion from the casserole.  Overall, not too empowering, it's has definitely cheese flavor, just that I wish there's more and have some meat to it.

For dessert, I got the Horchata Flan with mini churro and dulce de leche.  I will say the little brown poo looking things are not poo, they're chocolate-toffee texture.  So if you dip your churro with the whipped cream and grab that chocolate together, it's pretty decent.  

The flan is pretty decent, I can't tell if it is truly horchata, but it is cinnamon-y enough for me.  

What as not shown, a glass of wine (I actually had one) and bread basket.  The bread basket was a hit, it came with several varieties and with different spread.  I would recommend getting it.

Overall, food is good.  Disappointed that the wine list is limited.  By limited, I mean they don't have what I want.  I was surprised that they don't have a more full bodied white.  They truly just serve wine and water in terms of drinks.  Their interior is super cute, but if you're like me, who's uncomfortable dining indoors, they have a lot of tables outdoors in their patio, worth doing.  They have a mini parking lot, they also have a valet.  If not, you can park down the street and be sure to watch the signs.  

Mutiny Wine Room
1124 Usener St
Houston, TX 77009
https://www.mutinywineroom.com









 

No comments: