Monday, February 8, 2021

Fancy Kit Kat

Back to my Japanese snack kicks
This is Kit Kat Luxe for me.

I've always known about Kit Kat Chocolatory in Japan.  Which is basically an upscale Kit Kat product shop.  Think Ethel's for Hershey's chocolate bar.  But at the Chocolatory, you can make your own Kit Kat even and of course, rare Kit Kats like these.

These are truly luxe.  There are 2 types, the Sublime's which there are 5 kinds and 2 kinds of fruit ones.  The Sublimes are basically used premium chocolate that is aged in Whisky Barrels dipped.  The fruit ones are used fruit juice.

Apparently in Japan, one stick like this cost $2.88 - $3 per stick.  

It is longer than a regular Kit Kat.  And honestly you have done is plenty.

So is it worth it?  I think if you want to experience some high quality chocolate on a Kit Kat wafer, this is a good one to try.  I will say, my favorite are the dark chocolate and the milk chocolate.  The flavored ones I can do with or without.  I will say the fruit ones aren't my favorite out of the box.  I've had Kit Kat with fruit before, but maybe because it's too concentrated, not my jam.  Too bad I cannot customize the box, but if I were in Japan I would definitely make my own AND pick my own for a box.  Give that a shot. 


 

No comments: