Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Austin Java Cafe

While we were in Austin, one of the site David was checking out was the Austin Java Cafe. This is an Austin landmark, that I'm told. Not that I'm not familiar with Austin Java, I've driven by their Tarrytown location and gotten coffee there before, but I've never sat down for food.
I liked how at the bottom of the menu, they made sure you know that this is a local company that use local sources to make their coffee and food. It is their pledge and mission statement pretty much.
I ordered the Junior Mint latte, that thing is huge and yummy with soy milk!
I ordered the Steak and Swiss omelettes. You can also customize your own omelettes. It wasn't overly seasoned, as a matter of fact, it's light on the taste. The fruit they gave us was so-so. Some of the fruits aren't in such a good shape to be served to people, but I always have an option to set them aside, which I did.

Austin Java Cafe
1608 Barton Springs Road
Austin, TX
(512) 482-9450
http://www.austinjava.com/

Just beware the Victory Medical Center is really a drive thru, not a full fledge restaurant. And the Barton Spring location, you can park behind the building in the garage and they will validate. While the Original location on Lamar (aka Tarrytown), there's a small piece of parking real estate, so be prepare to park in the neighborhood and watch for signs!

No comments: