Friday, December 2, 2011

Chocolate Cranberry Macs

For David's work pot luck, he thought it'd be fun to have some macarons as dessert. So, along with the Pumpkin Spice Mac, I decided to make some chocolate cranberry macs.
Ahh, the beautiful shell, if I may say so myself.
I'm just so in love with them... so pretty with feet.
Here they are packed and ready to go... but here's the ganache recipe:


Chocolate Cranberry Ganache
2oz chocolate (I used Ghiradelli's)
2oz heavy cream (that's about 1/4 c)
1oz chopped cranberry
1/4 tsp butter (room temp)

1, put the chocolate pieces in a glass bowl or bowl that can contain heat
2, heat up the cream until it starts to bubble and remove from heat
3, pour over the chocolate
4, stir and feel free to add butter until all are melted
5, add cranberry bits and mixe well
6, finally, cool or put in fridge until it solidify
Then you're ready to sandwich them between shells


I also submitted this for MacTweet, check them out!

2 comments:

Deeba PAB said...

Ah they are indeed beautiful. I love the fun and passion you bake macarons with. Have a wonderful 2012 Lindy.

The Mad Hausfrau said...

These are such pretty little cranberry macs. I love the pairing wit chocolate.