Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Rustika Cafe

So before my college buddy headed out of town, we were trying to catch up before she goes. It was well within brunch time, and they were having breakfast. Since I already worked out, I'd figure I'll have the chicken cesar salad instead.

In some ways, this is how a chicken salad should be. For $8.95, you do feel like you got your money's worth. Real big slices of chicken, not the chicken strips that most serves you. Decent amount of parmesan, and enough good leafy green that you don't felt like you're eating water (aka lettuce).

I appreciate that the chicken was freshly cooked, it was nice and warm on my salad. But then again, I'm not a big fan of my food with different temperature on the same plate. That said, it wasn't bad.

My biggest issue with Rustika is that they do not accept credit cards under $10. Nowadays, more people carry cards more than cash, the least they can do is $5 minimum. But $10, I am forced to order more stuff that I'm not going to eat, or unable to eat just to get to that requirement. Thus, my friends eating breakfast, I'm having lunch. (It wasn't by choice, just lucked out that it's good).

Co-worker had gotten cakes here before. And I will say that they are good for that aspect of the cafe. The pastries are pretty standard: crossiants, cookies and the like. They also do wedding cakes. It's definitely not heavy on the buttercream like you get at the grocery story.

Rustika Cafe
3237 South West Freeway
Houston, Texas, 77027
Ph. 713-665-6226
http://rustikacafe.com/

No comments: