Friday, December 23, 2011

Failed attempts

I picked the Disco Dust when I was at NY Cake. I remember that I've never seen it anywhere, so when I took it to the counter to pay and ask the guy how to use it; he looked at me like I had 3 heads. That or some remedial kid asking what's 1+1.
So, remembered last time's gigantic macs? I tried it at 1.5 inch this time. I also tried the recipe from my idol, Macaron Fetish. The problem with her receipe is that it doesn't like me. Her recipe called for 1 egg white, 30g almond flour, 50g icing sugar, 30g castor sugar.
It totally fell apart, and it came out flat. Usually if that's happen is because we pulled it out of the oven too early. But I know for sure that I put it in the proper temp like they instructed.
I was so looking forward to this 2nd batch. So I added Disco Dust just in case they come out nice...
This time, no feet, and not flat, but cracked cracked cracked... Broke my heart!

No comments: