Friday, November 4, 2011

NY Cakes & Baking Supply

While we were walking towards our dinner at La Promenade de Anglaise, we came across the NY Cakes & Baking Supply. It's weird because I had read about this place from other bloggers, and was totally green with envy because this place is like a baker's heaven.
Sure enough, it was. Look at all the flavoring available. All the molds, all types of chocolate, measuring devices, Disco Dust (???).
Not to mention aisle long colored sugar, sugar flowers, mats, molds, cake stuff, cake pop stuff, professional cake stuff, fondant, sugar, chocolate, modeling chocolate.
I'm not going to lie, I do feel out of place because it seems like these folks are catered to professionals. I attempted to ask the guy behind the counter how to use Disco Dust, he looked at me like I'm remedial. That's ok, I was high on the sugar I was sniffling in the air, you can't bring me down... of course, I can't bring alot of these home either... it was so delicate.
I did find that their website does ship world wide. Looks like they also conduct classes there at their location. If you have the time, you should definitely check them out.

NY Cakes & Baking Supply
56 West 22nd Street
Between 5th & 6th Avenues
NY, NY 10010
TEL: (212)675-CAKE
http://www.nycake.com/

No comments: