Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Cupcakes - 2

So yesterday captured my 1st time going to Sugar Bunch's Cupcakes and Cocktails. I got extra ones for another set of friends to do the same thing. It is kinda neat to learn how to play with all the tools and seeing people's creativity on display.
First one, again, was the fish bowl. I learned now that the trick is not to take the teacher's advise about smoothing it out with a spoon. It will only make it very messy, and your icing don't stick very well.

The 2nd one, again was the chrysanthemum, and this time, since I know what it is supposed to be, it's less porcupine-ish and more like a flower. I saw that they have teal colored sugar, and it mixed very well with the pink icing available.

For the 3rd one, it's supposed to be our hopes and dreams. Again, it's way too abstract, but I did see these on Pinterest. So, I thought I'd give it a go.

Not quite like the pictures, but you get the idea...
The 4th one, again was under competition. I forgot the theme, but I decided to make an Angry Bird. It's pretty close to the picture I had on my phone. And again, I was out beaten by 2 different flowers. Gosh, never can read the crowd right. But that's ok, I am very proud of my Angry Bird.

At the end, you get to dip into their mini candy buffet. Last time we went, they had candied popcorn. You mix that with M&Ms, it's an awesome mix. This time they only gave us mint and Skittles, I'd rather have the candied popcorn.

This is a very good setting for girlfriends time. You may not be able to discuss alot of personal stuff, simply because you are very likely to be in a 'class' with strangers and you probably don't want to share your issues with people you don't know. But if you bought up the entire class, they accommodate 12 usually. You're welcome to do that.

The other thing Sugar Bunch Creations is known for is their candy buffet. It's very in and very hip for parties nowadays to have a candy buffet. And lord knows it is not cheap to buy all the pretty containers and candy for a color them. So, let them do the work. They even decorate the labels for your party.

Sugar Bunch Creations
3206 Jackson Street
Houston, TX 77004
832-267-7876
http://www.sugarbunchcandybuffets.com/

No comments: